In April 2011, I made the hardest and best decision of my life. I had a preventative bilateral mastectomy in order to manage my extremely high breast cancer risk. Now, follow me as I try to navigate nursing school..and well not much else because I'm so busy with that. But no matter how much else I can fit in, one thing is certain- life goes on!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Beginning Again

deep breaths...


It was a long week.

I felt like a fool in clinical. Falling behind. Doing dumb things (squirting saline on the ceiling.....*facepalm*), fumbling with things I KNOW. Generally making a boob out of myself.

And I can't stop thinking about it.

I think I have anxiety issues. I'm trying everything. Then I'll go to the doctor to get meds. Because it's miserable. I'm anxious to the point of paranoia about dumb things.

Failing my first HESI didn't help.

And to make matters worse I felt like everyone was talking about me this week. Stupid right? I'm almost 30 years old in college for god's sake. It's not like I'm in jr high. If it was my teacher..then she would've said something TO me. So....  I'm sure they weren't. Maybe.... AHHH!! See? Anxious to the point of paranoia.

Good thing is, today is Sunday. I get a whole new week. Another chance to shine and put the dumb stuff from THIS week behind me. I'm going to study, try to get ahead on school work, try to get some exercise in, and try to relax. Because now, I'm liable to have a stroke.

I'm headed to Mass. To relax, light a candle, and pray. I refuse to go at a breakneck speed this week. I'm going to try to relax. Enjoy life. Take walks outside (because I'm broke and that's all I can afford). Connect with my patient in clinical. Those are my goals this week. And I am getting a physical, CBC, and possibly a prescription for anti-anxiety pills

We'll see how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment