In April 2011, I made the hardest and best decision of my life. I had a preventative bilateral mastectomy in order to manage my extremely high breast cancer risk. Now, follow me as I try to navigate nursing school..and well not much else because I'm so busy with that. But no matter how much else I can fit in, one thing is certain- life goes on!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Changes

So its been awhile since I've posted....

....and so many changes. They're everywhere.

Its pretty much the halfway point in the year and everything is different. (Well most stuff) I'm trying to embrace change but mostly change makes my tummy hurt.

On a good note I started my new job at another hospital the beginning of April. I'm a PCA (Patient care assistant....basically a CNA without the certificate) in a rehab floor. I like it because we get the same patients for weeks. We really get to know them and I've met great people. Yes it gets tedious....and disgusting at times. But I like making a difference in people's hospital stay. I work the evening shift which I enjoy. And my coworkers are great. The big plus? I'm making decent money. The month I was unemployed was WAY too long. Ugh it was awful.

Now for the bad...well kind of. I'm switching schools. Like my new job, this one is closer. So yay for less gas. I'll still be in nursing but it will take me that much longer to get through....but that's OK. Mostly. I'm starting summer school in a few weeks, take other prereqs in the Fall then hopefully start nursing classes in January.

Now I don't feel the need to post all the gory details. Only a few people know every awful detail. And I'll never forget it so I don't have to preserve it here. I'm just looking forward, and keeping it moving along.

Now if for some reason I'm not successful getting into this nursing program....I have no clue what I'll do. Maybe finish the classes I need to be a teacher (which suprisingly enough isn't that much) because I can only take so much disappointment.

Now what am I doing in the interim you ask? Well I'm trying to get off this massive amount of weight I've gained (seriously it's gross), trying to get some work down around the house (yes I hate that so I'm super slow at it but it'll get done), reading more books, working more at my job (they are SO supportive of me), and I was elected to be on the board of Woodruff Fontaine. That was a huge honor, considering how much I love the house, so I'll be able to devote some real time to that. Basically I'm working on actually being a human being again.

I know people will be disappointed in me about school. Trust me I'm disappointed in myself. But its not over. No matter what happens I'm not giving up!

Oh and did I mention by December I'll have a new nephew? And either a new niece or nephew as well (Allison hasn't found out yet!)

One things for sure, the rest of the year will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment