In April 2011, I made the hardest and best decision of my life. I had a preventative bilateral mastectomy in order to manage my extremely high breast cancer risk. Now, follow me as I try to navigate nursing school..and well not much else because I'm so busy with that. But no matter how much else I can fit in, one thing is certain- life goes on!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

A break...FINALLY

Well I made it through this trimester at school. Thank you baby Jesus. I managed to actually get an A out of one class (WOOHOO) and a C in the other. Honestly, that is the first A I've made in nursing school (crazy!!) since I'm really horrible at test taking. And the C..well I'm thankful for it. C means Continue! The fail rate for that class is so high Im just proud I made it out the first time around!

I'm already mentally gearing up for the summer trimester though. Starts May 3 with clinical orientation and then classes start the next Monday (I think.. I should probably check on that!) This class scares the bejesus out of me! Clinical every week, paperwork, tests, papers the list goes on ad on. Classes 5 days a week (Lord Jesus help me). I'm still scheduled to work 3-7 M-F at my new job..however unless a miracle happens (again baby Jesus we need you!) Ill have to tell them I'm in class until 4:15 once a week. I'm really hoping and praying that I can switch if a spot opens up. Because THAT is a conversation I'm not looking forward to having as I really love this job and don't want to jeopardize it. We will see!

Anyways my plans for the break are sleep, clean, sleep. work, sleep, sleep, sleep. I know there will be some all nighters pulled this summer and I'm so not looking forward to that.I NEED MY SLEEP! I've really never been able to function on no sleep so I'm pretty scared about it.

All that being said, I realized I've gained a total of 10 pounds since January. Ouch. Stress eating anyone? So on the break I'm also trying to concentrate on dropping some weight. Of course I can't really afford my Weight Watchers membership until my financial aid money comes in in a month so I'm on my own. We'll see how that goes :)

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl! Just keep jumping through the hoops placed before you and it'll be over before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete