In April 2011, I made the hardest and best decision of my life. I had a preventative bilateral mastectomy in order to manage my extremely high breast cancer risk. Now, follow me as I try to navigate nursing school..and well not much else because I'm so busy with that. But no matter how much else I can fit in, one thing is certain- life goes on!

Monday, November 30, 2015

Been awhile....

Since it has been almost a year since my last entry and I'm really honing my procrastination skills this semester I figured I'd write an entry. I've had a blog entry in my head for a few weeks but I haven't had a chance to really sit down and write it. I kept up with my other blog (The World According to Michelle for anyone who's interested) a lot more often..but I was going through my mastectomy and honestly it seemed more important.

This has been the most grueling semester. And I still have two lectures, one course eval, one exam, clearance and a final standing between me and Christmas break. I know I'm in good standing and will get through this class no problem but there's a small voice in the back of my head that's trying to convince me I won't. When I left Baptist..after all the crazy awfulness...it was at the end of the med-surg semester. I never made it to OB/Peds. And when I get out of this semester I'll be headed to OB/Peds at this school. It's crazy and insane but I still think like that. Buttt....I'm trying to just look forward and not backwards :)

Early in November I had to go for my neurosurgeon check up (everything was fine) and then I have to see my endocrinologist this week (I'm sure everything will be fine there too) but it's still stressful having to keep up with appointments, meds, co-pays, etc.

And of course the busiest semester in school and seeing all of my doctors and paying co-pays falls in with the Christmas season. Which means lots of bills, little time to work and lots of Christmas presents to buy. Great...just piling on the stress.

What's keeping me going for the rest of the semester is that I'll be able to apply for my internship at the hospital after this semester (when I pass)

Until then I'll keep going...one day at a time....and hope I don't go crazy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment